With only one year to try everything.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles

Where: Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles (Pasadena, CA)...right next to another popular fried chicken venue-Kentucky Fried Chicken. I joked to the boyfriend that if Roscoe's ever run out of chicken, they can just run next door to KFC.

Being from San Diego, I always hear people rave about Roscoe's when they go up to LA. Honestly, the thought of chicken and waffles together doesn't really spark an interest in me. Chicken is for dinner. Waffles are for breakfast. Simple as that. But after trying those two simple meals together at Roscoe's, my ignorance for this southern comfort style food flew out the window.


The boyfriend and I ordered the "Scoe's 1/2 chicken (southern style) and 2 waffles" to share. The chicken was perfectly crispy on the outside and the meat was very tasty and tender. The waffles too were very good and wholesome. The best way to eat this dish is to take a piece of chicken and eat it with a nice forkful of maple syrup-smothered waffle. The sweet and salty combination made it sooo surprisingly good.


Ok Roscoe's...I hope you never have to borrow chicken from KFC, because yours is so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Los Angeles, California
I'm here for a year and I'm going to do everything I can to become the ultimate touristy local.