With only one year to try everything.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Orange Grove Dog Park

Having lived in San Francisco for 3 years with my dog Chewy, I've become so appreciative of their dog parks and how friendly and well trained the pups (and owners) are there. It was one place you can bring your dog to, unleash him, and let him run off to sniff Fido, Fluffy, and Foofoo's butts without a worry. I thought to myself...how can I find something like that when I leave SF?

Lucky for me, I found an LA version: Orange Grove dog park. It's located off Sierra Madre exit north of the 210 in Pasadena. They have 2 gated areas for dogs--one for the big dudes, and the other for the small and special-needs pooches. They even have 2 gates that you enter before coming into the dog park to allow you a chance to unleash your dog first. Well planned, I must say!

I took Chewy to the little dog side. As we entered, there were so many happy dogs excited to greet this new kid on the block. They exchanged their butt sniffs and were instant BFFs. Chewy immediately went off on his own to play--every now and then, he'd come back to his Mom (me) to make sure she's okay. Makes me think--shouldn't it be the other way around?



Well, to take care of the pups' parents, there's plenty of plastic chairs and shade around the park for people to sit in and relax in. I brought some reading material but quickly found that watching the dogs so much more fun. I'd say there were probably 30 dogs on the small dog side alone!




To take care of all the pouncing paws, they have a water fountain for dogs and trash bags all over just in case Rover or Odie makes a little doodoo.

Overall, I'm very impressed by this place. They have everything you need to keep both you and your dog happy.

I'm beginning to think that I can probably find anything in SF in LA.
I would just have to drive. A lot. In traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Los Angeles, California
I'm here for a year and I'm going to do everything I can to become the ultimate touristy local.