With only one year to try everything.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pie 'n Burger

The boyfriend and I decided to go here after a blog by one of my foodie friends (www.gastronomyblog.com). Pie'n burger (www.pienburger) is one of her two favorite restaurants in Pasadena, so the boyfriend and I wanted to give it a try.

From her recommendation, we just ordered the burger and skipped the fries. I ordered the turkey burger and the boyfriend ordered the traditional hamburger. They grill their buns and serve their burgers with a wad of lettuce and thousand island sauce. The combination of crunch, juicy patty, and savory sauce reminded me of a high-quality In-n-out burger--and In-n-out is already high quality in my standards! So these burgers below are spankin' good burgers.

The only recommendation I would have with this burger...is to make it bigger...because we both were still pretty hungry.
Since this place was called "Pie'n burger", and because we were still starving, we ordered the dutch apple pie with ice cream as our dessert:




I am a big pie crust person...I absolutely LOVE pie crust. This pie crust had a flaky, buttery taste, and probably a little too salty for my taste. However, the dutch apple was delicious, and probably can do okay with less ice cream (note the big wad of ice cream wrestling my pie).

I'd go back here again, but probably after spending some time trying other restaurants. It's not one of my favorite places to go to, but still makes the "good restaurant" list.

2 comments:

  1. Pie n Burger is overrated IMHO.
    Not a good value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally agree w/ above. Only a non-burger eater would recommend this Pasadena joint for burgers. It's almost atrocious, and the ice cream they serve for a la mode is horrible!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Los Angeles, California
I'm here for a year and I'm going to do everything I can to become the ultimate touristy local.