With only one year to try everything.

Friday, November 6, 2009

The Sandwich Story

The Sandwich Story. 12 Harness Ave. Pasadena, CA

Sandwiches are one of my favorite foods...vietnamese sandwiches, meatball sandwiches, tea sandwiches, PBJ sandwiches...if it has something meaty, cheesy or nutty in between two slices of delicious bread, I will love it.

So for this reason, I had to come to The Sandwich Story.

The Sandwich Story is a small (obviously) sandwich shop that is set up to cater the young, backpack-bearing students at Pasadena City College. I forget too, that these PCC folks have a life, since I was the sole person at this joint on a Friday afternoon. Cool with me, I had the whole place to myself. On a Friday. Just me and my sandwich.

The menu included smoothies, shaved ice, the traditional cold and hot sandwiches (turkey, ham, tuna, BLT, club, pastrami, etc), and their "Story Special" which cleverly listed 4 sandwiches in chapters. I had to start with Chapter 1: Toasted pastrami sandwich with coleslaw.

Chapter 1 had page-turning bites of lean cuts of pastrami, juicy coleslaw and toasted bread. The sweet and saltiness of pastrami and coleslaw made for a pleasant mixture of ingredients to taste. They classified this sandwich as "hot" but I could use a bit more heat to the meat.

One regular sandwich was about $5 and was more generous than the average Subway sandwich....even though it's a bit short of a foot long.

I ended Chapter 1 quite happily and can't wait to flip to Chapter 2.

2 comments:

Followers

About Me

Los Angeles, California
I'm here for a year and I'm going to do everything I can to become the ultimate touristy local.