With only one year to try everything.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Breakfast of Champions at Auntie Em's Kitchen

Auntie Em's Kitchen
4616 Eagle Rock Blvd
Los Angeles, CA

http://www.auntieemskitchen.com/

I've heard about Auntie Em's from one of my food-blogging-friend-slash-guru. She swore by the red velvet cupcakes here. Of course, my next step was look them up on Yelp. I found out that they have breakfast and red velvet cupcakes? My two favs! I'm there.

Auntie Em's is located in Eagle Rock (between Pasadena and Downtown LA) and stands out as a red building down a street of neighboring Filipino stores. They're known for serving food made from organic ingredients. It was an absolutely beautiful day in Southern California, it was only natural that we sit outside. The sun captured the boyfriend really well:

And there's excited me:



Auntie Em's had a fair amount of breakfast and lunch options. The boyfriend ordered the open-face steak sandwich, which came with eggs, salsa, gruyere cheese, atop ciabatta bread. And as you can tell from above picture, I ordered the french toast with strawberries and bananas:

The open-faced sandwich was delicious--the strong bold taste of gruyere cheese complimented the simple eggs and steak like yin and yang.
And of course, we couldn't leave Auntie Em's without trying their red velvet cupcake ($3.50):


The cupcake had a slight crumble and was topped with light cream cheese frosting--not too sweet and not too rich.
After trying Auntie Em's, I understand my foodie friend's love for their cupcakes here. I thought they were good, but hands down, the breakfast took the spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Los Angeles, California
I'm here for a year and I'm going to do everything I can to become the ultimate touristy local.