With only one year to try everything.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Julienne

http://www.juliennetogo.com/



This little restaurant is located in wealthy neighborhood of San Marino at 2649 Mission St. I didn't follow the "note to self" (check out hotdog blog) and came here on a Sunday when it was closed. The boyfriend and I returned here on a Friday happy to find that the crowd of middle-aged summer-dress-wearing women and polo-shirted men spelled out "yes we're open".

This place seems to be known for their breakfast. They serve breakfast M-F 7-10:45am and Sat 7:30-11:30am (again, no hours listed on Sunday means, closed on Sunday...learned that the hard way). People were scrambling in at 10:40am making sure they made it in on time for their most important meal of the day.
The boyfriend chose the health-conscious route and ordered the egg white omelete with sauteed mushrooms, tomatoes and basil. Sadly, the side of fruit was the best part of his meal. The omelette came with no sauce, no cheese, no spices. It was tasteless. He wasn't too happy with his meal. But hey, I gotta give the restaurant credit for offering a healthy option though.


I ordered the Parmesan Crusted Potato Cake with Poached Egg, Guacamole and Salsa. Let me start off with the egg--look how perfectly poached it was--one poke and the yolk comes oozing out, just the way I like it. The potato cake was tasty and reminded me parmesan mashed potatos with a crisp hash brown crust. Guacamole? Delicious. My meal? Fantastic.

One thing about this restaurant though is that with a name of "Julienne" I had expected a French restaurant with dishes such as Croque Monsieur, Crepe and French toast (just kidding about the last one being French). Instead their menu is pretty "American" with gourmet ingredients. They do in fact have French toast...gourmet American French toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Los Angeles, California
I'm here for a year and I'm going to do everything I can to become the ultimate touristy local.