With only one year to try everything.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Pop Champagne Bar

33 E. Union St. Pasadena, CA http://www.popchampagnebar.com/

I met up with an old junior high school friend at this cute little hidden champagne bar just a block away from the hustling Old Town Pas.
Every Thursday they have 33% off bottles and and a tasting menu that allows you to try 3 different flavors of champagne for $14-19. The extensive champagne (and wine) list included bottles ranging $30-60. They do have a list of more affordable half bottles (my kind of list). We went for a half bottle.
Our server helped us choose a nice dry champagne called Philipponnat. It was light, crisp, and just lovely. It went well with the truffled mac n'cheese and sliders:
The quick and dirty:
Carrot soup-came out luke-warm, was just okay;
Sliders--came w/3 different ones...one with goat cheese, another with bbq sauce and the last was a classic mini-hamburger. My favorite was the goat cheese and classic one, although all were good. I'd eat more.
Truffled Mac n'cheese: One day I will taste what truffles really taste like. This was another dish where it was "lightly truffled". Really? I didn't taste it. Mac n'cheese was good, but not the best.
Service: awesome, server was knowledgable of the champagne and wine list and can suggest them according to our dish and our preference in taste.
I'd come back here again, not necessarily for their food, but as a nice social get-together or a girls' night out. Who's down?! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Los Angeles, California
I'm here for a year and I'm going to do everything I can to become the ultimate touristy local.