With only one year to try everything.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Runyon Canyon

One of my dog-owner friends told me about Runyon Canyon. "You can take your dog off leash and stars like Ryan Seacrest run there!" What?!! (I run into the car, tires screeches off...Garmin searches this "Runyon Canyon")

Not that I have a special liking to Ryan Seacrest--but the thought of seeing hot tan celebrities running along Runyon Canyon in the scorching sun in nothing but their six packs? Ohhh yeah...I'm there. =) (hi boyfriend you also count as my personal hot tan celebrity)


Aside from my own superficial reasons of wanting to go to Runyon Canyon, this park is a really fantastic place to hike with or without a dog. I brought the boyfriend and Chewy and had an absolutely awesome hour and a half hiking experience.

Runyon Canyon is an 130 acre park 2 blocks away from Hollywood Blvd. There are 3 entrances, one off Vista St, one off Mulholland, and the one I took which was on 2000 N. Fuller Ave. There are a few trails to choose from--we followed everyone else up to the peak of the canyon that led us to an amazing view of Griffith Park, the Hollywood signs, and Hollywood Hills.

Along the dirt-trail hike, you can look over at the homes of the rich and famous on Hollywood Hills. If you look even more closely, you might even see Lindsay Lohan's house being robbed...again.


Unfortunately no celebrities were seen, but a handful of physically fit Southern California guys and girls did flaunt their sweaty tone bodies as they effortlessly ran past the "trail-walkers" like myself.

But don't let the "fit" people scare you! The hike is suitable for people of all sizes, shapes and levels. It's such an easy and enjoyable hike. Chewy loved it.

For more information, check out this website: www.lamountains.com/parks.asp?parkid=122

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Los Angeles, California
I'm here for a year and I'm going to do everything I can to become the ultimate touristy local.